The collection [EMHC] at the Võrtsjärv Centre for Limnology comprises phyto- and zooplankton samples, gathered predominantly during the last fifty years
from the Baltic Sea and from lakes and rivers of Estonia. There are also many samples from the beginning of the XX century.
The collection as the whole is of particular value for the research of long-term climatic and ecological changes.
The collection included:
- phyto- and zooplankton samples ( 20 300, ca 200 gathered before World War II)
- mounted diatom samples (600 specimen gathered 1975-1997) and ca 1275 mounted specimens of phytoplankton and from
microphytobenthos (collected in 1993-2014)
- zoobenthos samples (>9000) collected from streams, lakes and Baltic Sea
- 2700 images of Estonian waterbodies from different authors from years 1926 -1990 available at: http://vee.kogud.emu.ee
- ca 7000 images of waterbodies of Estonia and some neighbourng areas by H.Timm
- photos of macroinvertebrates (ca 15 500 pictures)
Contact person: Henn Timm (firstname.lastname@example.org)